Thursday, January 24, 2008

Rampage: The Movie


I just got through this thing and I'm reeling like a roller coaster ride just blasted my skin off over the course of an hour. It's fitting because this ain't really a movie, it really is more like a glorified Star Tours (just like Lost?). No real beginning, no end, just steep terrifying drops. The way he pulls a story line that's relatively tradish in monster flicks is suprising, intelligent, and suprisingly intelligent.

They go to great lengths to match The Blair Witch Project's docu-realism, and though we've all had enough of it this decade, I can still be down. But while I can get over the fact that there's a monster tearing apart New York, it's really all the little unrealistic things that bug me. The running for hours in high heels the quick recoveries from injury and mourning, the convenient "plot" moves. But I'm all like "fine" because I can't wait for them to never stop tearing down the biggest sandcastle in the country just like I saw on TV in 2001. Should we feel a little violated that JJ Abrams squeezes lemon juice on our American scab for no good reason? Maybe so, but I can't help feeling like Cloverfield is still a thriller like they used ta make 'em.

Oh and if you're gonna see it, see it in a movie theater.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home