Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Ten (Divided by The Two)


So 2007 has come and gone and nothing has floored me. I have a few left to catch, and maybe I truly just don't make the effort to find the many brilliant underdistributed foreign films that are always the unsung heroes. But I saw a lot of movies this year, and I only have one 5 star movie to show for it: David Wain's The Ten. Most people haven't heard of it.

I haven't seen anything ultra-pertinent since There Will be Bloodsport, but Netflix has just released The Ten through their Watch Instantly feature, and since it was a predictable bomb in the theater, I figured I'd commemorate the occasion with a nod.

It's Paul Rudd hosting 10 skits by my generation's comedic geniuses who refuse to let the Kentucky Fried Movie audience down. Are there hits and misses here? Yes, but the hits are some serious hits. It takes a special someone to like this movie. Did you like Wet Hot American Summer? Did you watch MTV's The State? Did you like Mr. Show? Did you like Stella? Do you like palpability of discomfort in the theater or your living room (vis. Curb Your Enthusiasm, Freaks and Geeks, BBC's The Office)? If the majority of your answers were yes, catch The Ten while you're waiting for the promised The State DVD collection.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home